- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Mercer Island Women’s Club is pleased to announce that the club raised over $13,000 this year for local charities. While the Mercer Island Women’s Club is primarily a social club, it also raises money to be donated to local charities voted upon by its 350 members. During the course of the year, the club holds several fundraisers including a Holiday Bazaar and auction, raffles, luncheons and wreath sales. After tallying this year’s votes, Civic Projects chairs Carolyn Holm and Helen Hitchcock announced the following grants:
• $2,500 to Eastside Domestic Violence, which provides life-saving services, support and accessibility to more than 6,000 victims of domestic violence in our communities.
• $2,500 to Mercer Island Youth and Family Services to support their food bank, help them during slack food donation times and fill their pantry with high-demand items.
• $2,500 to Washington Women In Need to support the mental health counseling and dental care components of WWIN’s overall Health Care Program.
• $1,000 to Ryther Child Center, which serves youth with emotional and behavioral issues including chemical dependency, physical or sexual abuse.
• $1,000 to Washington Flood Victims, Red Cross
• $2,500 to Morningsong Early Learning Center, a childcare center located in Seattle, serving the special needs of homeless children ages 1-5. The center allows adults to leave their children in a safe, stable and nurturing program while they seek employment, training or assistance with problems that have contributed to their homelessness.
• $600 to Mostly Music in the Park to sponsor one of the summer concerts.
For more information about the Mercer Island Women’s Club, please contact Lenore Defliese, president, at 232-7092.