- About Us
Mercer Island Rotary Run road closures this Sunday
Mercer Island’s annual Rotary Run will take place on Sunday, March 24, this year, and Islanders should be prepared for heavy traffic in the Town Center, as well as road closures.
Anyone coming from the Seattle area should use the Island Crest Way exit to avoid delays.
From 7:45 a.m. until noon, the West Mercer Way exit from I-90 will be closed, and the 77th Avenue S.E. exit should be avoided after 8 a.m.
Westbound traffic coming from the Eastside is encouraged to use the East Mercer Way or Island Crest Way exits.
Closures around the Island include:
• S.E. 24th St. between 78th Ave. S.E. and 84th Ave. S.E. will be closed both ways from 8 a.m. to noon.
• 81st Ave. S.E., closed at NMW from 7:45 a.m. to noon.
• S.E. 26th St. at the Island Crest Way ramp will be closed from 8:15 to 11:30 a.m.
• 2600 block of 84th Ave. S.E. to Luther Burbank will be closed from 8 to 10 a.m.
• North Mercer Way, from South Luther Burbank Park to Gallagher Hill, will be closed intermittently from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Local traffic only.
• Shorewood Drive at 90th Ave. S.E. will be closed intermittently, 8:50 to 10:30 a.m.
• Gallagher Hill at S.E. 40th St. will be closed from 7:45 to 8:15 a.m. and from 9 to 10 a.m.
• Southbound East Mercer Way from S.E. 36th St. to S.E. 70th Pl. will be closed from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
• Northbound West Mercer Way will be closed at S.E. 24th St. from 9 a.m. to noon. There will also be intermittent closures at this intersection as the race passes.
• Westbound S.E. 24th at 66th Ave. S.E. will be closed from 10 a.m. to noon.
There will also be intermittent closures at the intersections along West Mercer Way and near the Park and Ride as the race passes. Island residents are encouraged to use Island Crest Way as the primary north/south route as much as possible. Drivers who do need to use any of the Mercer Ways should plan to travel in a counterclockwise direction.
The Community and Event Center parking lot will be closed all day on March 24.
To learn more, visit www.mercerislandhalf.com.