- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
City spring recycling day is Saturday
The city is hosting its annual spring recycling event on Saturday, March 27, at the Mercer Island Boat Launch (3600 East Mercer Way). The city will collect various electronic equipment, appliances and household items for recycling. The boat launch will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for collection.
Note that there will be a fee to accept some items.
Acceptable items to bring:
• Tires (limit 6 tires per household)
• Motor oil, filters and antifreeze
• Lead acid batteries
• Household batteries
• Cardboard (please flatten)
• Household goods and clothing
• Confidential document shredding (limit 5 file-size boxes per participant)
• Porcelain toilets and sinks ($5 charge - cash only)
• Propane Tanks ($5 charge - cash only)
• Refrigerators/freezers/air conditioners ($25 charge - cash only)
• Appliances/scrap metal ($5 charge for water heaters)
• Electronic equipment (no charge)
• TV sets (no charge)
Please do not bring:
• Construction or demolition debris
• Mattresses or furniture
• Window glass
Please do not bring these hazardous wastes:
• Oil-based paint/solvents
• Household chemicals
• Solvents and thinners
• Cleaning products
• Fluorescent lights
• Paint: latex paint is no longer considered hazardous waste and the household hazardous waste facilities in King County no longer accept it. Instead, dry it out and put the can in the garbage with the lid off.
Visit the King County Web site for more at http://www.kingcounty.gov.
For more information, call 275-7608.