- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Dark Chocolate Torte | Recipe of the Week
What you need:
12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 stick butter, unsalted, softened
6 eggs, large, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup water, boiling
RASPBERRY COULIS (optional)
12 ounces raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon water
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In food processor, place chocolate, coffee and sugar. Process approximately 30 seconds (until very finely ground).
• While still in food processor, add boiling water. Continue to process until chocolate is melted.
• Add butter; process until well blended.
• Add eggs and vanilla; process until smooth.
• Butter bottom and sides of a 9-by-2.5” round springform pan. Line bottom of pan with wax paper. Butter the paper.
• Transfer batter into pan and smooth bottom. Bake for 50 minutes, then cool on wire rack for 30 minutes. Cover and cool in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
• RASPBERRY COULIS: Cook berries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved (do not boil). Strain mixture and add water if needed to reach desired consistency.
Submitted by: Brooke Mangusson