- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Artichoke-sausage dressing | Recipe of the Week
What you need:
1 loaf (1 1b. 4 oz.) pugliese or como bread
2 cups chicken broth
1 lb. Italian sausage, bulk or with casings removed
1 lb. packaged, sliced mushrooms
1 cup packaged, diced onions
2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 cup chopped parsley
1 jar (about 14 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and put in a large bowl (Tip A). Add the chicken broth and mix to moisten bread; set aside.
• Add the sausage to a 12-inch frying pan over high heat. Cook, breaking the sausage into ½-inch lumps, until the meat is lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, onions and poultry seasoning; reduce heat to medium-high, cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are juicy, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover, turn heat back to high, and cook, stirring often, until juices have evaporated and vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes (Tip B). Remove pan from heat.
• Meanwhile, add the parsley, artichoke hearts and cheese to bread cubes in the bowl. Add the hot sausage and vegetables; mix well (Tip C). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the dressing into a 9-by-13-inch casserole.
• Set aside the Sausage-Artichoke Dressing, read the next step, then start preparing creamy baked mashed potatoes.
• After you’ve removed the turkey from the oven and rearranged the oven rack as directed, put the dressing in the oven and bake until the top is browned and the edges are crispy, 25 to 30 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.