Tips for dining out on Valentine’s Day
February 9, 2010 · 10:19 AM
It is that time of year to pick out a mushy Hallmark card and impress your significant other with the perfect dinner reservations. Bellevue offers an abundant number of restaurant choices, so make your pick and place the call to reserve a table for two on Feb. 14.
The executive chef at Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill, Noel Sanchez, offers his recommendations for the ideal Valentine’s Day dining experience:
1. Choose a restaurant you trust and make a reservation at least three days in advance. Some may be booked weeks or even a month out. The later you wait, the fewer options you will have.
2. On Valentine’s Day, never be late to your reservation. Because of how busy the restaurant is and the number of people waiting to be seated, if you are late, you may have to wait.
3. If you have an appointment or event immediately after dinner, please let your server know so that they can help get you out on time. With that said, plan enough time so that the food can be cooked.
4. Try the specials. Most restaurants will have high-quality specials for Valentine’s Day at a good price.
5. With Valentine’s Day on Sunday, look to celebrate on Friday or Saturday to avoid larger crowds.
Lindsay Larin can be reached at (425) 453-4602.