When looking for a real estate professional who will respond to your specific, 50+ real estate needs, look for a Seniors Real Estate Specialist designee.
An SRES has received extensive education on topics such as tax laws, probate, estate planning and equity conversion strategies, and can offer you relevant information on current market trends as well as valuable resources regarding real estate transactions.
By partnering with an SRES during your lifestyle transition, you’ll gain the help and experience of a Realtor specialized in meeting the needs of home buyers and sellers 50+.
What is a Seniors Real Estate Specialist?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist is a real estate agent who is uniquely qualified to assist the 50-plus market in housing sales and purchases. The SRES designation is awarded only to real estate agents who have additional education on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions.
SRES designees also draw upon the expertise of a network of specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home and assist Boomers in relocating to the home of their future.
What Qualities Make an SRES Different?
- Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with 50-plus issues.
- Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
- Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a 50-plus client and tries to minimize them.
- Can interact easily with all generations, including adult children and caretakers.
- Is knowledgeable in senior housing options from active adult communities to assisted living.
- Has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
To learn more, go to www.maryleerealestate.com/seniors