- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Updated public hearings schedule for next three months on city budget
Share your views on the city’s proposed spending cuts and service reductions for 2011-2012 at one of the upcoming public budget hearings:
• Oct. 18: 7 p.m., Regular Council Meeting. Public hearing: Preliminary budget review of the capital improvement program and utility funds.
• Nov. 1: 6 p.m., Special Council Meeting. Public hearing: preliminary budget review of other operating funds (beautification, municipal arts, Mercer Island Youth and Family Services Department, equipment rental, computer equipment, contingency and firemen’s pension funds).
• Nov. 4: 7 p.m., Regular Council Meeting. Public hearing: Preliminary budget review of criminal justice fund and general fund (City Council, City Manager’s Office, City Attorney’s Office, Finance Department, Fire Department, Human Resources, Maintenance Department, Municipal Court, non-departmental and Police Department operating budgets).
• Nov. 15: 7 p.m., Regular Council Meeting. Public hearing: Preliminary budget review of general fund (Parks and Recreation Department and Development Services Group operating budgets, follow-up items, adoption of 2011 property tax levy, adoption of 2011 utility rates, adoption 2011 development fees).
• Dec. 6: 7 p.m., Regular Council Meeting. Adoption of 2011-2012 Final Budget.
All meetings will be held at City Hall in the Council Chambers at S.E. 36th Street.
For more details on the city’s proposed 2011-2012 budget and to view budget documents, visit www.mercergov.org/budget.