News

Fire put out at Landmark Villa Condominiums, 27 firefighters respond

A fire in an apartment on 80th Avenue S.E. started in a dryer on Monday night, May 23. - Contributed Photo
A fire in an apartment on 80th Avenue S.E. started in a dryer on Monday night, May 23.
— image credit: Contributed Photo

Mercer Island, Bellevue and Kirkland firefighters responded to an apartment fire in the four-story Landmark Villa Condominiums building on Monday night, May 23.

The fire started in the hallway of a second-floor condominium at 3030 80th Avenue S.E., spreading from a clothes dryer into a closet.

The resident was able to keep the fire contained in the closet as his family got out and called 911. Smoke filled the apartment and second-floor hallway.

Firefighters extinguished the fire at 11:46 p.m. Twenty-seven firefighters came to the scene. No one was injured.

The fire resulted from an accumulation of lint in the dryer and caused an estimated $4,000 in damages.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 15 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates