Mercer Island copes with snow and ice
By REPORTER STAFF
Mercer Island Reporter Staff
January 19, 2012 · Updated 4:09 PM
After several days of snow and freezing temperatures, Mercer Island residents are coping with ice and freezing rain today.
For the third day Mercer Island schools have been closed, with all extra curricular activities cancelled.
Here's a look at some closures and other important information for Islanders.
- All Mercer Island School District schools, as well as Northwest Yeshiva High School, French American School and St. Monica School are CLOSED.
- The Mercer Island Community and Events Center is closed on Thursday, Jan. 19. All recreation classes and organized activities are cancelled for Jan. 19. To learn more contact the inclement weather information hotline at 275-7894.
- The Mercer Island Library is closed.
- Calls to the Mercer Island Boys & Girls Club have gotten a busy signal. If you have information on the club being open, or closed, please contact us at email@example.com.
- As the winter weather continues, the City of Mercer Island is updating and working on streets and it's street closure list. Find a map of current closures here. The city will also be updating it's website.
- The SJCC will open on Mercer Island at noon on Thursday, Jan. 19. The fitness center, gym and pool will be open for members and guests. Classes, activities, programs, ECS and Kidstown are all closed. To learn more visit their website or call the central number at 232-7115.
As more information become available we will update this list. If you know of a business that is closed or event that has been cancelled due to weather, please feel free to let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have snow pictures that you would like to share, please contact us at the same email.
Photos by Connor Webster, Kelly Grady and Chad Coleman.
Contact Mercer Island Reporter Staff Reporter Staff at email@example.com.