- About Us
UPDATED: Noon, Thursday: Road closures on Mercer Island
Many Mercer Island roads are extremely hazardous with compact snow and ice. Freezing rain has caused slick, icy road surfaces. All hills need to be an area of caution, and exposed roadways may still be slick and icy.
These streets are barricaded or closed:
• S.E. 24th St. @ 76th Ave. S.E.
• S.E. 24th St. @ 72nd Ave. S.E.
• S.E. 53rd Pl. @ E. Mercer Way
• S.E. 53rd Pl. @ Island Crest Way
• S.E. 68th St. @ 82nd Ave. S.E.
• S.E. 68th St. @ W. Mercer Way
• S.E. 40th St. @ W. Mercer Way
• S.E. 40th St. @ 76th Ave. S.E.
Do not call 911 for road condition updates
North East King County Regional Public Safety Communications Agency (NORCOM) is requesting that citizens not call 911 for updated road condition information.
911 should be used for emergencies only. Calling 911 for information delays emergency calls from being answered and can delay help. These delays for emergency calls can have devastating effects on those most in need.