- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Mercer Island School District's open enrollment numbers
There are presently 142 open enrollment students in Mercer Island School District schools. Thirty-four of those students are children of staff members who are nonresidents.
The breakdown for the remaining 108 students by school is as follows:
• Island Park: 4.8 percent of the total student population of 561
• Lakeridge: 1.0 percent of 579
• West Mercer: 1.6 percent of 683
• Islander Middle School: 2.4 percent of 1,008
• Mercer Island High School: 2.9 percent of 1,380
Open enrollment has been closed to new families since 2008.
Washington state law dictates that school staff members may enroll their children at the place where they work. By Washington state law, staff members may enroll their children — at their discretion — at their district of employment, and districts must accept them.
For a Q&A prepared by the Mercer Island School District about the new bond issue and the need for new schools, go to www.misd.k12.wa.us/departments/facilities/facilitiesQ&A.html.