- About Us
Mercer Island resident part of committee searching for new county council member
The vacancy left on the King County Council for District No. 1 by Attorney General-elect Bob Ferguson is getting many applicants for the position. Shifting through those applications are members of the Citizen Advisory Committee, including Mercer Island resident Dave Freiboth, the executive secretary on the King County Labor Council.
A total of 11 District 1 residents, have submitted applications with the Citizen Advisory Committee. The committee will recommend the most qualified applicants to King County Executive Dow Constantine. He will then narrow the pool down to three candidates for the King County Council to vote on. The council has until March to make a selection. The district represents citizens of Kenmore, Bothell, Shoreline, and areas of Woodinville, Kirkland and north Seattle.
Some of the other applicants include: Tiffany Bond, who is the former Parks and Recreation commissioner for the City of Woodinville; Chris Eggen, a former Shoreline City Council member; Will Hall, a former Shoreline City Council member; Bob Ransom, a former Shoreline City Council member; Keith Scully, the former Planning Commissioner for Shoreline; and Sarajane Siegfriedt, a King County Board of Equalization member and former candidate for State Representative, 46th District.
Among the Citizen Advisory Committee are Co-Chair Kathe Fowler, a Kirkland resident and Board vice president of the Washington Environmental Council and Board president-elect of the Kirkland Performance Center, along with Kenmore resident Beretta Gomillion, who is the executive director of the Center for Human Services.
So far the Committee has 13 names to consider for the open seat. They are:
• David Baker — Mayor, City of Kenmore
• Dennis Behrend — Bond agent, Lacey OMalley Agency; English teacher, Mercer Education Group, Inc.
• Tiffany Bond — former Parks and Recreation Commissioner, City of Woodinville; Principal, BrandBond
• Rod Dembowski — Attorney, Foster Pepper PLLC
• Chris Eggen — Councilmember, City of Shoreline; Analyst, Applied Physics Laboratory
• Ken Goodwin — Commissioner, Woodinville Water District; member, King County Investment Pool Advisory Committee
• Will Hall — Councilmember, City of Shoreline; Senior Legislative Analyst, Snohomish County Council
• Bob Ransom — Commissioner, Ronald Wastewater District; former Councilmember, City of Shoreline
• Cindy Ryu — State Representative, 32nd District
• Keith Scully — Planning Commissioner, City of Shoreline; Attorney, Newman Du Wors
• Sarajane Siegfriedt — Member, King County Board of Equalization; former candidate for State Representative, 46th District
• Chuck Sloane — Deputy Ombudsman, King County Office of Citizen Complaints – Ombudsman; Board Chair, Municipal League of King County
• Naomi Wilson — Grants Specialist, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
The person appointed will fulfill the term until the general election in November 2013.