More than 3,000 runners and walkers are anticipated to converge on The Landing for the fourth annual Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing Sunday, April 21.
The event includes the Seahawks 12K Run, the GLOW 5K Run/Walk and the Seahawks Play 60 Kids Run. The annual event was launched as part of the NFL Play 60 program, whose mission is “To make the next generation of youth the most active and healthy.”
“The City of Renton is once again proud to host the Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing,” said Mayor Denis Law. “This event brings thousands of participants to our community where they have the opportunity to enjoy spectacular lake views as they run along Lake Washington Boulevard toward their final destination at The Landing that offers great shopping, restaurants and entertainment.”
To register, visit the Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing website at http://seahawks12Krun.com.
Here are the costs:
Seahawks 12K Run
• $30 – Early registration (through Feb. 28)
• $35 – General registration (March 1 to April 18)
• $45 – Late registration (April 20 at Dick’s Sporting Goods at The Landing from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and April 21 from 7:30 a.m.-8:45 a.m.)
GLOW 5K Run/Walk
• $25 – Early registration (through February 28)
• $30 – General registration (March 1 to April 18)
• $40 – Late registration (April 20 at Dick’s Sporting Goods at The Landing from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and April 21 from 7:30 a.m.-8:45 a.m.)
Seahawks Play 60 Kids Run
• $10 – All registration
Co-sponsored by The Landing, the Seattle Seahawks, Valley Medical Center, Virginia Mason Medical Center and dozens of other local businesses, the Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing will collect donations on behalf of and help raise money for A Better Seattle.
A Better Seattle is a community-wide campaign to raise awareness and funds to hire and deploy professionally trained street outreach workers in Seattle and South King County in partnership with the YMCA of Greater Seattle and local cities.
Better Seattle is designed to help further develop partnerships between corporations, law enforcement and community groups to build healthy communities and reduce youth violence.