- About Us
Public input wanted on update of King County Strategic Plan
Every elected official and employee in King County government makes decisions, both routine and major, based on the 2010 King County Strategic Plan.
The Strategic Plan will be refreshed in 2014, and right now a robust public engagement effort is underway to gather input from people that will help to guide the County’s priorities over the next five years.
People can participate at the following workshops:
• Between 6 and 8 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 5 at Green River Community College, Lindbloom Ctr., 12401 SE 320th St., Auburn.
• Between 6 and 8 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6 at Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute 104 17th Ave S., Seattle,
Residents are encouraged to go online at www.OneKingCounty.info, a new website designed to encourage an online conversation around key issues. Whether people choose to participate online or in-person, feedback can be submitted through Nov. 30, 2013.
Through the social media interface at www.OneKingCounty.info, people can add their ideas, support or “like” good ideas that have already been contributed, and they can share thoughts about the future of King County with their friends and families on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Plus.
Among the questions and areas King County is exploring for the updated plan are:
• What do you most appreciate about living in King County?
• What challenges have you experienced living in King County?
• How can King County improve?
• What are your "big ideas" to help move King County forward?