- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Street closures and delays for Rotary Run March 23
Street Closures for the Mercer Island Half aka Rotary Run on Sunday, March 23
The annual Mercer Island Rotary Run Day hits the streets and trails of Mercer Island on Sunday, March 23, 2014 resulting in temporary road closures and some traffic delays. Five events benefiting colon cancer awareness will take place throughout the morning on the streets of the Town Center, North Mercer neighborhood, North Mercer Way, East Mercer Way and West Mercer Way, as well as the I-90 Trail.
Mercer Island Police, Rotary course marshals and volunteers will provide traffic control throughout the day. Signs will clearly denote detours and areas of temporary traffic delays. Bicyclists and drivers are asked to comply with requests made by race officials.
The schedule of event start times is as follows:
7:30 a.m. Half Marathon Walk
8:00 a.m. Half Mile Kids' Dash
8:30 a.m. 10K Run
9:00 a.m. Half Marathon Run
9:30 a.m. 5K Run and Walk
Please note the following streets and approximate times that traffic will be affected:
- S.E. 24th St between 78th Ave S.E. and 84th Ave S.E. will be closed both ways from 8:00 am to noon.
- 81st Ave SE closed at NMW from 7:45 am to Noon.
- S.E. 26th St at the Island Crest Way Ramp will be closed 8:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 2600 blk of 84th Ave S.E, to Luther Burbank will be closed 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 am.
- North Mercer Way - from South Luther Burbank Park to Gallagher Hill will be closed intermittently 7:30 am to 11:30 a.m. Local traffic only.
- Shorewood Dr at 90th Ave S.E. will be closed intermittently 8:50 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Gallagher Hill at S.E. 40th St will be closed from 7:45 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. and from 9 until 10 a.m.
- Southbound East Mercer Way from S.E. 36th St. to S.E. 70th P.l will be closed 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- Northbound West Mercer Way will be closed at S.E. 24th St. from 9 a.m. to noon. There will also be intermittent closures at this intersection as the race passes.
- West bound S.E. 24th at 66th Ave S.E. will be closed from 10 a.m to noon.
- West Mercer Way Off Ramp Closed 8 a.m to noon.
There will be other intermittent closures at intersections along West Mercer Way and near the Park-and-Ride as the race passes. Please use Island Crest Way as your primary North/South route during these times if possible.
If you must use East, West, or North Mercer Way please travel in a counterclockwise direction to minimize delays.
Thank you in advance for your patience. For more information visit: www.mercerislandhalf.com or the city at www.mercergov.org