- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
City Boards and Commission need volunteers
Help improve the livability of Mercer Island by getting more involved in your community. The City Council is seeking a diverse range of citizens to serve on several volunteer advisory boards.
Appointments to boards and commissions are made by the Mayor and affirmed by the City Council. Generally, terms run June 1 through May 31, for a four-year period. Upon appointment, board members can expect to spend approximately ten hours a month serving on the board, although the level of commitment may vary.
The boards and commissions with positions available are:
• Arts Council (4 positions)
• Design Commission (1 position)
• The Open Space Conservancy Trust (2 positions)
• Planning Commission (2 positions)
• Utility Board (2 positions)
• Youth and Family Services Advisory Board (4 adult positions, and 6 student positions: 3 current 8th grade, and 3 current 10th grade)
For more information and to download applications, go to www.mercergov.org. For more information contact Deputy City Clerk Karin Roberts at 275-7795 or by email for further information or to have an application mailed.
The application deadline is Friday, May 9.