- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Seattle-Bellevue road closures for June 28-29 weekend
Weekend road closures planned for the Eastside and Seattle
Drivers may wish they could turn back time unless they plan ahead for a weekend packed with major road closures, baseball games, a Cher concert and a downtown Seattle parade.
Closure details (all roadways will open by 5 a.m. Monday, June 30)
- 10 p.m. Friday: The three left lanes of northbound I-5 at the West Seattle Freeway close to replace the left half of seven aging expansion joints. No ramps will be closed.
- 11 p.m. Friday: Both directions of the SR 520 floating bridge will be closed between Montlake Boulevard and Interstate 405.
- 11 p.m. Friday: The intersection of Northup Way and 108th Avenue Northeast in Bellevue will be closed for improvements.
Maintenance on Northbound I-5 at the Ship Canal Bridge
Sunday, June 29 - Two right lanes of northbound I-5 on the Ship Canal Bridge will close from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. One lane will remain closed until 4 p.m. WSDOT maintenance crews will be performing bridge deck repair during the closure.
Local events this weekend will add to travel times and traffic congestion:
- Friday, June 27: The Mariners open a three-game series at Safeco Field against Cleveland at 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, June 28: The second game of the Mariners/Indians series begins at 7:10 p.m., and a Cher concert at KeyArena begins at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, June 29: The Seattle Pride Parade will close the southbound I-5 exit-only ramp to Union Street from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., and the Mariners/Indians series wraps up beginning at 1:10 p.m.