Help improve the livability of Mercer Island by getting more involved in your community. The City Council is seeking a diverse range of citizens to serve on several volunteer advisory boards.
Appointments to boards and commissions are made by the mayor and affirmed by the City Council. Generally, terms run June 1 through May 31, for a four-year period. Upon appointment, board members can expect to spend approximately 10 hours a month serving on the board, although the level of commitment may vary.
The boards and commissions with positions available are:
• Arts Council: two positions
• Community Services Board: four adult positions, two senior positions and six student positions (three current eighth graders, entering ninth grade in the 2017-2018 school year, two current 10th graders, entering 11th grade in the 2017-2018 school year and one current ninth grader, entering 10th grade in the 2017-2018 school year)
• Design Commission: two positions
• Open Space Trust: two positions
• Planning Commission: one position
• Utility Board: three positions
For more information, contact Deputy City Clerk Ellie Hooman at 206-275-7795 or by email for further information or to have an application mailed to you. The application deadline is Friday, May 5.
Click here for an application.