Thankful for support
Dear Mercer Island Community,
As we approach the New Year, we wish to offer our collective gratitude to everyone for their support during 2018, both in volunteerism and in donations. Let us take time to reflect on our blessings and the positive facets this Mercer Island community has provided:
• Volunteering and shopping at our Christmas tree lot
• Hosting numerous food drives, sponsoring holiday gifts and meals, making donations at recycle events and at New Seasons Market, staffing our water stations for the Rotary Run
• Supporting our Thrift Shop through volunteerism, donations and purchases
• Increased giving at our annual foundation breakfast and incredible volunteer effort in planning and implementation
• Giving to our school counselor and end-of-year letter appeals
• Providing local business, family foundation and organization support, faith community support, and school community support in countless ways.
These are just a few examples of the many ways our Mercer Island community positively influences people’s lives. When we hear about all of the ways you serve others, we are filled with gratitude.
Happy New Year,
Jody A. Kris, MIYFS Foundation president
Cynthia C. Goodwin, Youth & Family Services director