- About Us
Plan ahead for Rotary Run road closures this Sunday
A variety of roads will be closed through the morning on Sunday, March 20 for Rotary Run. The City, Police and Parks and Rec. departments, along with the race organizers, have worked to minimize the disruptions, but residents are urged to use caution when driving on the Island that day.
Drivers are also encouraged to the Island Crest Way as the main north to south route during the morning, but if East, West or North Mercer use is unavoidable drivers should travel in a counterclockwise direction.
Here are the road closures:
• SE 24th between 78th SE and 84th SE will be closed in both directions from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
• 81st SE will be closed at North Mercer Way from 7:45am to noon.
• SE 26th at the Island Crest Way Ramp will be closed from 8:15 am to 11:30am.
• The 2600 block of 84th SE by Luther Burbank Park will be closed from 8:00am to 10:00am.
• North Mercer Way from South Luther Burbank Park to Gallagher Hill will be closed intermittently from 7:30am to 11:30am with local access only during these times.
• Shorewood Drive at 90th SE will be closed intermittently from 8:50am to 10:30am.
• Gallagher Hill at SE 40th will be closed from 7:45am to 8:15am and from 9:00am to 10:00am.
• Southbound East Mercer Way from SE 36th to SE 70th will be closed from 9:00am to 10:30am.
• Northbound West Mercer Way will be closed at SE 24th from 9:00am to 12:00pm. There will also be intermittent closures at this intersection as racers pass.
• West bound SE 24th at 66th SE will be closed from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
• West Mercer Way off ramp will be closed from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
Closures will also happen intermittently along West Mercer Way and near the Mercer Island Park and Ride as racers run through.