- About Us
Mercer Island girls basketball hosts Free Throw-a-thon Sept. 29
The Mercer Island girls basketball program is hosting the first ever Free Throw-a-thon on Saturday, Sept. 29.
The event will help the program raise awareness for the group, as well as raise money for the program. All proceeds will go to paying for gym time for Mercer Island girls basketball.
On Saturday, hoops and a mini court will be set up in the Albertson's parking lot and teams will shoot free throws for 90 minutes. Donations can be made by pledging per free throw or by a flat donation. Prizes will also be given for the top three fundraisers, and the grand prize – given to the girl who raises the most money – will be four court-side seats and a parking pass to an upcoming Seattle Storm game. The team that raises the most money will earn a pizza party.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
• Fourth grade – 10 to 11:30 a.m.
• Fifth grade – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Sixth grade – 1 to 2:30 p.m.
• Seventh grade – 2:30 to 4 p.m.
• Eighth grade – 4 to 5:30 p.m.
• High school players can shoot anytime between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.