Mercer Island was blanketed with about eight inches of snow Friday night into Saturday, according to the city’s Let’s Talk page at 6:30 a.m. this morning.
City crews plowed streets all through the night and will continue all day. For now, the following roads were closed by the Mercer Island Police Department as a precaution:
* Gallagher Hill (both directions)
* Southeast 40th Street from 76th Avenue Southeast to West Mercer Way (both directions)
* Southeast 24th Street from 76th Avenue to West Mercer Way (both directions)
* Southeast 53rd Place from Island Crest Way to East Mercer Way (both directions)
* Southeast 72nd Street to West Mercer Way
* Southeast 70th Place to East Mercer Way
* Shorewood Drive from North Mercer Way
For updates and snowstorm-related contact information, visit https://letstalk.mercergov.org/weather/news_feed/saturday-snowstorm-update
Thrift Shop donations at the Community Center have been canceled today.