Nearly 40 million Americans are diagnosed with anxiety every year, and 50 million with chronic pain.
Prescription medications are available. While these medications work in the short term, they quickly form a dependency, which makes it all but impossible to quit the medications later on.
This is why so many people are turning to supplements like CBD gummies to manage their pain and anxiety instead.
CBD is an all-natural compound derived from the hemp plant that’s been proven to ease anxiety, relax the mind, and reduce both pain and inflammation.
Best CBD Gummies for Pain & Anxiety: 2020
- Royal CBD – Award Winning, Best CBD Gummies Overall
- Gold Bee – Runner Up, Quality Product at a Good Price
- Blessed CBD – Potent CBD, But Only Ships to the UK
1. Royal CBD Gummies — Editor’s Pick
Royal CBD is an American CBD brand with an impressive lineup of CBD products to choose from. Some of the most popular options in its entire range are these CBD-infused gummies.
Each gummy comes with either 10 or 25 mg of broad-spectrum CBD infused in a delicious fruity gummy base.
You also have the option of selecting the company’s standard CBD gummy Dots (fruit-flavored) or a slightly different Sour Drop option instead.
These gummies come highly recommended by both past users (as indicated by the countless positive reviews), as well as industry experts and media outlets. These gummies are listed as the number one recommendation on websites such as CFAH, We Be High, CL Tampa, CityBeat, VentureBeat, Cleveland Scene, Metro Times, and Riverfront Times.
All orders placed with Royal CBD are backed by a satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not happy with your order, you can send it back for a full refund.
- Contains additional cannabinoids (broad-spectrum extract)
- The quality and purity of these gummies have been verified by a third-party lab
- Available in multiple flavor and potency options
- Only available through the official online shop
2. Gold Bee CBD Gummies — Runner-Up
Gold Bee is a small family-owned CBD brand based out of California, USA. They’ve been in business for decades selling organic honey and superfoods but only recently made the push into the CBD market.
Despite how recently these products entered the market, Gold Bee has won dozens of awards for the quality of its CBD oils and CBD gummies alike. You can find mentions of this brand on high-profile websites such as SA Current, Observer, LA Weekly, SF Examiner, and SF Weekly.
Each gummy comes with 25 mg of CBD (the most common dose of CBD) infused in a vegan-friendly base.
Instead of using animal by-products to achieve the desired chewy texture, these gummies are made from a plant-based molecule called pectin (found in the cell walls of plants).
All Gold Bee extracts are made from organic hemp, verified by third-party labs, and come with a satisfaction guarantee.
- Made from organic hemp and extracted with supercritical CO2
- Uses a vegan-friendly base and no synthetic ingredients
- Come with 25 mg of CBD and a medley of delicious fruity flavors
- High demand means these products are sometimes out of stock (check back later)
3. Blessed CBD Gummies — UK’s Best CBD Gummy
If you’re reading this from outside the United States, finding quality CBD gummies is going to be more difficult. Almost no American CBD company will ship products beyond the US border. The regulations for CBD products are different in Europe than it is for the US, and products shipped internationally are frequently held up at customs.
If you’re living in the UK, it’s better to source your CBD gummies from UK-based brands. Blessed CBD is considered to be one of the top-rated CBD gummy brands in the region.
These gummies come with the standard 25 mg per gummy — using a high-grade CBD isolate as the source of CBD.
These gummies are completely THC-free and legal within the UK.
This company sponsors several high-level MMA athletes who often recommend these gummies as a post-workout recovery supplement.
A good alternative UK-based CBD brand to consider is Crush CBD. They offer CBD gummies as well as CBD oils, capsules, and more.
- Contains 25 mg CBD isolate per gummy
- Endorsed by several professional MMA fighters in the UK
- Guaranteed to be completely THC-free
- Only available in the UK
CBD For Pain: How it Works
CBD is an all-natural painkiller. It works by targeting several different aspects of pain transmission. It reduces underlying inflammation, alleviates muscle soreness or tension, speeds the recovery of damaged cells, and blocks the transmission of pain before it reaches the brain.
All of these effects stack together to provide a reliable reduction in pain symptoms. The longer you use CBD gummies, the stronger the impact it has on chronic or persistent pain symptoms.
How To Maximize the Painkilling Effects of CBD Gummies
1. Use other health supplements alongside CBD gummies — such as boswellia, turmeric, glucosamine
2. Combine painkilling cannabis terpenes — such as bisabolol, myrcene, borneol
3. Remove pro-inflammatory foods from the diet — such as refined sugar or nitrites
4. Drink plenty of water throughout the day — aim for at least 3 L per day
5. Exercise regularly or visit a physiotherapist — even 20 minutes per day can dramatically alter pain symptoms
CBD For Anxiety: How it Works
There are many potential causes of anxiety. Common causes include serotonin or dopamine imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, insomnia, or chronic stress.
CBD has been shown to offer anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) benefits by regulating serotonin levels, boosting dopamine activity, supporting GABA (the primary anti-anxiety neurotransmitter), alleviating inflammation, and much more.
For best results, you should speak with your doctor or therapist to identify the underlying cause of your anxiety and take measures to mitigate it. CBD gummies are a great supplement to use alongside other measures, but you’ll need to eliminate the underlying cause of anxiety for it to go away completely.
Learn how to use CBD for anxiety more effectively using diet, lifestyle, and supplement upgrades.
How To Maximize the Benefits of CBD For Anxiety
- Combine other health supplements along with your CBD gummies — such as kava kava or L-theanine
- Learn how to manage your stress levels effectively — practice journaling, yoga, or meditation
- Eat a well-balanced diet rich in vegetables — high-sugar foods can worsen anxiety symptoms
- Drink lots of water throughout the day — aim for at least 3L of water per day
- Prioritize your sleep — sleep deprivation is the number one cause of anxiety
- Take anti-anxiety terpene concentrates alongside your gummies — such as limonene, pinene, or humulene
Where to Buy Cannabis Terpene Concentrates
We’ve mentioned the use of other cannabis terpenes alongside your CBD gummy supplementation a few times. This is a newer method many people are integrating with their CBD gummy supplementation to boost the effects of CBD.
Cannabis terpenes are produced naturally in the hemp plant alongside CBD and work synergistically with it. You can combine these terpenes with the CBD to leverage the painkilling or anti-anxiety benefits of the plant by using high-quality terpene concentrates.
The best source for terpene concentrates is Finest Labs. You can find all different kinds of terpenes to help tailor the effects of your CBD gummies to match your individual health goals.
Final Thoughts: Best CBD Gummies for Pain & Anxiety
Pain and anxiety are two of the most common causes of reduced quality of life in the United States. They’re very common conditions that can persist for several months or years at a time.
While medications exist to help manage these conditions, most come with a long list of negative side effects and often lead to addiction or dependency over time.
Many people are turning to CBD products — such as CBD-infused gummies, to help block pain, reduce anxiety, and improve side effects like poor sleep or mood disorders.
The best CBD gummies for pain and anxiety come from brands like Royal CBD or Gold Bee that make an effort to prove their claims with third-party testing, source high-grade organic hemp, and use broad-spectrum or full-spectrum extracts to make their gummies.