The National PTA Reflections arts education program has a Dec. 1 submission deadline for students in grades pre-K through 12 to bring the theme of “I am Hopeful Because…” to life through film production, dance choreography, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
For more information, visit: https://www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/reflections/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can make submissions in the following categories:
* Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
* Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
* Photography: color or black and white; included techniques — photogram, negative sandwich and multiple exposure.
* Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor and T-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework and leather tooling.
* Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
* Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
Local participants and winners will be recognized at an in-person awards ceremony and gallery showing on March 4. Details to be announced.