Earlier this spring, the city of Mercer Island invited residents to apply for positions on several volunteer advisory boards.
These boards and commissions rely on community involvement to help improve the overall livability of Mercer Island. Appointments to six boards and commissions were made by the city council at the June 2 regular meeting.
Board members typically spend approximately 10 hours a month on various duties. Twelve new or continuing assignments were made for the following roles:
- Arts Council (two positions)
- Design Commission (two positions)
- Open Space Conservancy Trust (three positions)
- Parks & Recreation Commission (one position)
- Planning Commission (three positions)
- Utility Board (two positions)
The full list of new assignments can be found at http://www.mercergov.org/files/B&C%202020%20Appointment%20List.pdf.